2D Echocardiogram is also known as:
- 2D ECHO ASSESSMENT
- ECHO CARDIAC ULTRASOUND
- DOPPLER ULTRASOUND OF THE HEART
- CARDIAC ULTRASONOGRAPHY
- 2D ECHO TEST
- 3D ECHO TEST
When is a 2D Echo done & what does it tell your doctor?
Another way to check the heart functionality is with an echocardiogram. Often used in conjunction with a Stress Test, an echocardiogram enables doctors and lab technicians to see a graphic outline of the heart's movements and the pumping action of the heart when stressed. A non-invasive technique using sonar or sound waves, echocardiography offers a very precise way to detect the heart's movement and shape. It is usually recommended for those with abnormal pain in the heart.
The test is performed for a variety of reasons
- To observe the heart in greater detail
- To detect abnormal heart valves
- To detect abnormal heart rhythms such as an increase or decrease in the beating of the heart
- To check for hereditary heart disease
- To look for any damage to the heart after a heart attack
- To look for inflammation (swelling) of the heart or for any fluid that might have gathered in the sac around the heart
- To look for heart murmurs
How the 2D Echo Test is conducted?
After getting the patient to lie down, electrodes are placed on the chest. In some cases, the patient might be asked to breathe in a certain way or to lie on one side. A gel is applied to the chest, and then a transducer i.e. a hand-held machine that sends and receives sound is placed on the body, over the heart. This measures the distance in order to produce the visual representation of the heart on a monitor and can later be printed on special paper. A trained sonographer can conduct the test after which a cardiologist can interpret the results.
How to prepare for a 2D Echo Test?
There are no special preparations required for this test but all patients, especially those with diabetes are advised to speak to their doctor before taking or altering any medication or changing their routine.
For any further information, please email at
To know more about pricing, please Click Here